Salem Health: Nutrition
Salem Health, Nutrition, offers researchers a one-stop source for comprehensive, easy-to-understand information on all aspects of human nutrition. This new tool is designed to inform users about healthy eating, the nutritional value of various foods, diets, eating disorders, dietary conditions and so much more.
Salem Health: Nutrition provides in-depth articles on 255 topics in an easy-to-use alphabetical format. Designed for high school, undergraduate and public libraries, entries are written in clear, understandable language to provide students and researchers with accessible, updated information important to gain an understanding of the many areas of human nutrition. Each entry is organized by subheaders, detailing information such as Research Findings, Risk Factors, Nutrition, and Medical Nutrition.
This title is divided into three volumes:
- Food Groups - covers Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Proteins, and Dairy—with individual, detailed entries on specific foods, followed by entries on specific Beverages, Herbs & Spices, and Fats & Oils. Following the entries in Volume 1 is nutrition information from the USDA.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for Various Diseases—offers information on how what you eat affects a variety of medical and mental conditions from autism and bipolar disorder to ulcers and urinary tract infections. You’ll read about which foods will help and what to avoid. This volume includes a cancer prevention diet, food addiction, and food allergies.
- Dietary Considerations, Nutrition Through the Lifespan, and Micronutrients. It covers various diets, eating for your age, and specific information on vitamins and minerals. Volume 3 also includes two appendixes and a detailed index.
The specificity of Nutrition's detail includes 255 entries, complete citations for each entry, 33 charts and tables, and multiple appendixes for related material. Within the space of this three volume set, readers can expect comprehensive access to subjects including:
- Dietary Conditions
- Ethnic & Cultural References
- Healthy Eating
- Nutritional Health for Various Age Groups
- Skills & Checklists
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Dietary Guidelines
- Eating Disorders
- Nutrition Best Practices
- And Many More!
Additional Resources include two appendixes: "No Nutritional Value but Some Benefits" and "Cultural Challenges to Good Nutrition," followed by a Subject Index.
View a Full List of Salem Health Titles