Provides students and researchers with easy-to-understand entries on hundreds of important terms, principles and concepts allow readers to develop a deeper understanding of the field.
The field of economics is vital in the world we live in today, and relevant in any type of business. This work includes topics such as “Behavioral Economics,” “E-Commerce,” “Financial Globalization” and “Securities Regulations.” The entries in this volume are arranged in an A to Z order, from “Aggregate Demand” to “Transfer Pricing,” making it easy to find the topic of interest.
Each entry includes the following:
- Abstract giving a brief introduction to the topic;
- Overview that presents key terms and concepts;
- Clear, concise presentation of the topic, including a discussion of applications and issues;
- Further reading
Added features include numerous illustrations and helpful diagrams of relevant topics. The back matter in Principles of Business: Economics contains a thorough and valuable glossary of terms as well as an index. This volume includes 100 accessible entries that provide readers with a solid understanding of the topic, including:
- The US Financial Crisis of 2007-2010
- Managerial Economics
- Business Cycle
- Economic Growth
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Evolution of Economic Thought
- Globalization of Emerging Markets
- Economics of Business Regulations
- Market Failure
- Money, Banking and the Economy
Principles of Business: Economics covers essential topics that will be of interest to anyone who wants to know more about what is involved in running a business, keeping accounts, or for those who are considering starting a business of their own.