From Abelisaurus to Zigongosaurus, this new encyclopedia provides students, teachers, and general interest readers a comprehensive look on dinosaurs and ancient creatures that roamed the Earth more than 65 million years ago.
Each entry includes key information either in chart or picture form that lists:
- Name Meaning
- Scientific Classification
- Location of the Fossil on a Map of the World
- Estimated Size in Comparison to an Average Human
- Time Period in which the Animal Existed
Extensive explanations of each animal follow, and include:
- a detailed introduction
- reproduction and population
- habitat and other life forms
- bibliography on relevant sources
- websites for further research
- and a vocabulary chart of pertinent words.
Each comprehensive essay includes the latest information on each creature, including new discoveries in paleontology, and current scientific classifications and usage, such as terminology to describe a dinosaur's species or group, and also ways to determine a particular dinosaur's intelligence. Each dinosaur has a 3-D CGI picture representation of what the animal looked like in its habitat.
Written for upper level high school and undergraduate students, this new resource will provide a wide array of advanced scientific and biological information on these interesting creatures.